Offering an idyllic “ag-urban” environment, Wayne County combines the best of country living with the amenities offered by our award winning micropolitan area. In Wayne County, you’ll find a place where you can achieve both personal and professional fulfillment. Whether you think of “quality of life” as leisure activities and recreation, cultural enrichment, entertainment, or simply knowing your family is safe in a community-oriented area, you can experience it all in Wayne County.
Experience The Unique Lifestyle Available
In Wayne County, Ohio!
With a 73% homeownership rate, Wayne County offers attainable housing. Whether you’re looking for an apartment or townhouse; a new build or a charming old farmhouse; or even a retirement community, Wayne County has you covered. With close proximity to urban areas such as Cleveland, Akron and Canton, we ensure that our development provides today’s modern conveniences, while protecting our agricultural and rural heritage.
If you’re the parent of little ones, childcare is always top of mind. Wayne County offers a wide range of high-quality childcare options to give you peace-of-mind. Options range from individuals providing in-home care to daycare facilities. The YMCA and local Boys and Girls Clubs also offer before and after school programs, as well as spring break and summer camps.
Many Wayne Countians enjoy serving others and making a difference in their communities, in their workplaces and beyond. Civic organizations throughout the county address many of today’s most critical issues such as poverty, hunger, at risk children and the environment (to name a few).
These local organizations provide opportunities for service throughout the year. Join today!
- Creston Community Service Club
- Lions Club (Creston, Doylestown, Orrville, Rittman and Wooster)
- Exchange Club (Orrville and Wooster)
- Quota of Wayne County
- Rotary Club (Orrville, Rittman and Wooster)
- Smithville Ruritan Club
- Wayne County Women’s Network
- Wooster Kiwanis
Wayne County enjoys access to high-quality, affordable healthcare options anchored by three major providers:
- Wooster Community Hospital has received numerous awards including Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals.
- The world-renowned Cleveland Clinic has several facilities within our community including a family health, women’s health and specialty surgery center. In U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-2023 Best Hospital rankings, The Cleveland Clinic was named the top fourth best hospital in the country.
- Aultman Orrville Hospital, recognized for fast ER discharge times and one of the best maternity hospitals in 2022, is a subsidiary of Aultman Health Foundation and a close-to-home community hospital with access to advanced health care services.
As the availability of healthcare in the community has increased, Wayne County has strengthened its role as a regional health care center.
From back country roads to local highways to national interstates, travel is a breeze in Wayne County. No car, no problem…there are many taxi companies available, along with Uber and Lyft.
Open to the public and managed by Community Action Wayne/Medina, Wooster and Wayne County Transits are transportation services provided by the Stark Area Regional Transit (SARTA). It’s like vanpooling, but you never have to do the driving! Wheelchair transportation is also available.
Safety and Protection
Wayne County’s municipalities pride themselves on making our communities safe. Be it a township, village, city or county organization, each entity provides safety services, so you have peace-of-mind when life happens.