Wayne County’s 12 Primary and Secondary school systems are highly regarded and offer an array of educational settings to meet your educational preferences. Large school districts, small school districts, and public and private schools are all a part of Wayne County’s educational landscape.
Our school districts focus on academic achievement, personal growth, and career preparedness. Local educational programs include:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Education: Special courses that prepare students for a changing world. By 2018, eight million STEM jobs will be available in the U.S.
- Career Connections: An initiative creating a link between learning and future work. Consulting programs include college & career planning, framework, and much more!
- Gifted Education & Professional Development Opportunities: Special programs geared toward “gifted” students with superior cognitive ability (general intelligence), specific academic ability (reading, math, social studies, and/or science), creative thinking ability, and visual-performing arts ability.
- International Baccalaureate Programme (Tri-County International Academy): The two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is a high-quality option for students seeking a rigorous college-prep educational experience.
- College Credit Plus Program: This program allows all students to enroll in a local college or university to earn dual high school and college credit.
These same schools have close relationships with their communities and work closely with local businesses to integrate practical real-world learning into the educational experience. Learn more about Wayne County's school districts below.